3D printing refers to procedures used to produce a three –dimensional object in which following layers of material are designed under computer control to form an object. The 3D printer kit has the ability to change 3D filament at the time of printing in order to print an object in several colors. 3D printer kit became very prevalent with students and enthusiasts who needs to make a 3D printer. The complete DIY (Do it yourself) 3D printer kit contains the electronics, stepper motors, and a hot end. It can print with 1.75mm PLA filament, and the extreme object build volume is 105 x 105 x 130 mm.
Most 3D printers are based on Arduino. Arduino Materia 101 is the first certified Arduino 3D printer. It uses an Arduino Mega 2560 with a guard exactly made for controlling 3D printers. Arduino Materia 101 is an open-source machine, from the strategy of the mechanics to the electronics and firmware, as all Arduino products.
- Arduino 3d Printer Kit Reviews
- 1) OSOYOO Arduino 3D Printer Kit with Graphic Smart Display Controller
- 2) Kuman 3D Printer Controller Kit for Arduino
- 3) SainSmart Ramps Arduino 3D Printer Electronics Kit
- 4) Kuman Professional 3D printer CNC Kit for Arduino
- 5) Longruner 3D Printer Controller Kit for Arduino UNO and Mega Boards
- 6) Quimat Arduino 3D Printer Controller Kit
Arduino 3d Printer Kit Reviews
1) OSOYOO Arduino 3D Printer Kit with Graphic Smart Display Controller
This Arduino 3D printer kit is intended to fit the whole electronics required for an REPRAP in one small package for low cost. It can be easily connected to Ramps board using the “smart adapter”. The smart controller supplies power for your SD card and you don’t require PC. Print your 3D designs without PC.
- The OSOYOO 3D printer kit includes an LCD display
- It comes with an SD card reader and a rotary encoder
- It comes with a RAMPS 1.6 controller and an Arduino Mega 2660 board
- The modular design of this Arduino 3D printer kit embraces plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics
- It is a low-cost 3D printer kit which helps you to build the best Arduino 3D printer
2) Kuman 3D Printer Controller Kit for Arduino
The Kuman 3D printer controller kit is a low-cost Arduino kit in which entire electronics is fitted for a RepRap in one small package. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino compatible Mega that has the plenty room for development. It also has one smart adapter, two cables, and one USB cable.
- It comes with an SD card reader and a dot matrix 128×64 LCD
- This Arduino 3D printer kit comes with Arduino Mega 2560 R3, RAMPS 1.4 3D printer controller, and A4988 stepper motor driver
- The built-in translator in the stepper motor helps to have an easy operation
- The kit is 100% compatible with the Arduino RepRap
- The kit also includes detailed tutorials to provide you full information about the different Arduino projects
3) SainSmart Ramps Arduino 3D Printer Electronics Kit
The SainSmart Ramps is the 3D Printer Arduino Starter Kit recognized for beginners who are interested in a 3D printer. A complete set of Sainsmart useful electronic components is presented. Sainsmart RAMPS 1.4 is a Mega Pololu shield aimed to fit the entire electronics for RepRap in one package at an affordable cost.
- The SainSmart Arduino 3D Printer Electronics Kit comes with an A4988 breakout board for Allegro’s A4988
- This kit contains a four line LCD display, an SD card reader, five GT2 20T aluminum pulley, two cooler fans, and other useful accessories
- The Sainsmart Ramps 1.4 printer controller is a perfect fit for the entire electronics
- This 3D printer kit comes with a heat sink too for cooling down the Arduino board and other electronics parts
- With this kit, you can make a 3D printer which can be used on CNC machines and other electronic applications
- The tiny interface design is perfect for your next Arduino 3D printer project
4) Kuman Professional 3D printer CNC Kit for Arduino
This CNC 3D printer kit guide for Arduino from Kuman comes with all you need for getting started with your first Arduino printing project. Not only for the Arduino 3D printer, but this package has enough components that you can use for your other homemade and useful Arduino projects like automatic garage door opener, home surveillance system, temperature and humidity controller, etc.
- This package includes a CH340G CNC Shield expansion board; a RAMPS 1.4 controller interface onto the Arduino UNO Rev3 board, an ATmega328, and an ATmega16U2. This feature allows you to turn off your PC after a successful connection is made.
- The Smart Controller comes with the rotary encoder which helps you to control the functions like the movement of axes, calibration, etc.
- You can store the digital file on the attached SD card and then directly start printing it without using your computer.
- More than needed components at an affordable price make this Kuman Arduino kit popular among the professionals as well as the beginners in the electronics field.
- The kit also includes a 3-pin cable, one smart adapter, four DRV8825 stepper motors with installed heatsinks, three NEMA-17 stepper motors, three mounting brackets, and twelve M3 screws.
5) Longruner 3D Printer Controller Kit for Arduino UNO and Mega Boards
If you deal with various types of Arduino boards like Arduino UNO, Arduino Mega2560, etc. then you should go for this 3D printer kit from Longruner. It is perfect for Arduino Reprap by including a total of 14 components.
- You will get an Arduino Mega2560 board with a RAMPS 1.4 controller interface in this kit.
- It is perfectly compatible with Arduino Reprap, and so you will not face any issues in your Arduino 3D printer project.
- The interface controller board has a lot of space for connecting various components to it which makes it fully expandable for your various electronics design ideas.
- The package also includes a smart adapter, five stepper motor drivers with inbuilt translators, five heatsinks, a dot-matrix display, one USB cable, and two flat cables.
- Through the Email support from the company, you can get free tutorials and project guide along with the source code to set up your Arduino project.
6) Quimat Arduino 3D Printer Controller Kit
For the beginners in the electronics and robotics field, this is a specially designed 3D printer controller kit from Quimat. Along with the high-quality components, you will get Email support from the company to have a free source code and tutorials for your project.
- The kit comes with an Arduino Mega2560 development board with the RAMPS 1.4 MOSFET printer controller.
- Available at a lower price, the package includes all the accessories that can be perfectly fit for an Arduino Reprap.
- The 128 x 64 dot matrix display helps you to clearly see the reading, measurements, and other relative activities of your 3D printer.
- The kit comes with an SD card reader on which you can store the G-Code design which will allow you not to use your PC for 3D printing.
- The package also includes one USB cable, two flat cables, five stepper motor drivers, five heatsinks, and one smart adapter.
The Arduino 3D printer kits which are verified under numerous situations will help you to make your own 3D printer. They are comparatively inexpensive and use simple, clear programming environment and come with replaceable parts.